Monday, November 28, 2011

Oven Baked French Fries with Garlic Aioli

So last night I was thinking SCHNITZEL and potatoes for dinner right? Wrong, after looking at the exorbitant amount of calories I managed to consume during my day, I quickly realized that I would have to spend a good hour or two on the treadmill in order for this to not count against me lol. Of course I realized this after I had already washed and sliced up the potatoes so....we ended up having oven baked french fries for dinner. I would have felt badly if I just plopped some ketchup on the plate and said "Here Zach...I made you this" haha so I whipped up a little garlic aioli sauce for the side. It was terrific! This was super simple, but takes a good 45-60 minutes depending how well you like your fries done!

Ingredients:
3 baking potatoes
Nonstick cooking spray (I used Pam butter flavored)
Salt, Pepper, Cajun Seasoning, Garlic Salt
1 clove of Garlic - minced
2 tbsp Greek yogurt - plain
1.5 tbsp mayonaise

Directions:
Wash and slice the potatoes into small strips, the smaller the strip the crispier the french fry will get. Spread the potatoes onto a baking pan and lightly dust them with nonstick cooking spray, or EVOO if you'd prefer. Generously sprinkle salt, pepper, cajun seasoning and garlic salt on top and toss into the oven. After 20 minutes remove the pan and flip the french fries over and repeat the seasoning above. Let them cook until golden brown. That's it - see I told you it was easy!!!

While the french fries are cooking in the oven, you can make the aioli. Simply combine the mayonaise, greek yogurt, and minced garlic clove together in a small dish and refrigerate. Again, that's it! Serve chilled with the hot fries and enjoy!!

Pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment