Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

I had initially planned to make this meal last night, but somehow the day got away from me and I was totally not in the mood to function so I cheated and ordered in. However, I woke up this morning feeling guilty for taking the 'easy' way out and decided I would make dinner for sure tonight! Of course I was still in the mood for something fairly low-key so beef stroganoff was a fabulous selection. This recipe is super easy and only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. It's great on a cold day or when you just want something to warm your belly while you snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie. Ok, recipe time...


Recipe:

1 lb extra lean ground beef (7% fat)
¼ cup white all purpose flour
1 Bouillon (beef) powdered (if you use a cube, just crush it)
¾ tsp salt
1 pinch black pepper
2 ¼ cup whole milk
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional – I don’t use it but you can)
1 pack of no-yolk egg noodles

Directions:
 
Start the water for the noodles in a pot with a little salt. While you’re waiting for the water to boil, brown the beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper and saute together for about 5 minutes (or until flour is absorbed.) Gradually stir in the milk and Worcestershire sauce – if you’re using this. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
By the time the meat sauce is ready your noodles should be fully cooked and ready to be stirred into the sauce. Serve it hot!

Pictures:



 This was so yummy I think I may have inhaled all of my bowl before Zach even got started on his.

1 comment:

  1. I might have to try this one - Beef Stroganoff is one of Matt's favorites :)

    ReplyDelete