Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mint Buttercream Frosting with Chocolate Shavings

Ummmm YA do I even need to write anything about this recipe? I feel that the name says it all. For pete's sakes I am salivating just typing it out haha. This frosting is incredibly easy, super quick to whip up, and wait for it...orgasmically good if you are a fan of mint (oh yes I went there). And that's all I am going to say about it. Oh and that it is the perfect compliment to a simple vanilla bean cupcake or a batch of brownies!!!

Ingredients:
2 cups of confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup of salted butter - softened
1/2 tsp of mint extract
4 tbsp of milk
1/4 cube of semi-sweet baking chocolate

Directions:
With a whisk combine the sugar, butter, mint, and 2 tablespoons of the milk and mix together. One tablespoon at a time you can add more milk until you reach 4 tablespoons. For me, I found that 1-2 extra tablespoons was a good consistency for frosting cupcakes and brownies but you can totally tweak it to your preference for texture. That's it! Frost away...just try not to 'taste test' every time that spatula goes in the bowl!

I like a little extra chocolate so I just shaved a little sprinkle of chocolate on top of the cupcakes I made. It was a delightful little addition with minimal effort.

Pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment