Monday, December 12, 2011

Parmesan-Corn Bread Muffins

Really - do I even need to write anything here. I read the name of these magical muffins and I didn't even need to read anything else - I KNEW I'd love them - and you know what? I DID! (Oh ps these are also from my new Cooking Light - Soups and Stews Tonight book!) Let's go...

Ingredients:
1 cup of all-purpose flour
2/3 cup of cornmeal - they said yellow, I used white, it didn't make a difference so use what you've got!
2 tbsp sugar
3 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsps salt
2/3 cup non-fat buttermilk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 egg whites - lightly beaten
non-stick cooking spray
1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425 F (about 212 C). In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients above (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt). Once combined, add the wet ingredients (buttermilk, oil, and egg whites). The consistency is similar to really fluffy pancake batter! Just spray the non-stick cooking spray in a muffin tin GENEROUSLY so that they don't stick and spoon a large tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. You will have just enough to fill 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the freshly grated parmesan cheese on top of the batter and pop it in the oven for 10 minutes - or until the muffins spring back with you touch them in the center. Remove them from the pan immediately and place them on a wire rack. Serve 'em HOT, they are fantastic!

Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment