Monday, December 12, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies

This recipe is one that I found online at www.allrecipes.com. Wait, let me back up a second. I received an email stating that one of the moms in my 'mommy group' at the base here in Germany was in need of a hot meal. Her husband is deployed and she has two children at home and just needs a break this week. NO PROBLEM! Where do I sign up right?! So, after volunteering to make dinner for her family I realized that they had an egg allergy. Um ok, no problem for dinner but I had planned to bring over some brownies or cookies or something fun but now I felt kind of stuck. So I hopped online and found this recipe for an egg-free cookie with chocolate chips and pumpkin. It sounded festive and delicious so I went for it! Let me tell you it was so flippin good I found myself testing wayyy too much batter and possibly consuming about 3 cookies as they were supposed to be cooling on the wire rack in front of me. I just couldn't help myself, Zach came home and inhaled about 7 of them too so I didn't feel too bad. So - without anymore anecdotes - here they are...

Ingredients:

2 cups white sugar
1 cup shortening
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).

Cream the sugar, shortening, pumpkin and vanilla together. Mix until light and well combined.
Mix the flour, baking soda and ground cinnamon. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake  for 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Let cookies cool on a rack.

Pictures:


This recipe literally made 80 + cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment